Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

"That day we felt isolated, but not for long and not from each other," My memories are still so clear in my mind. This day gave me so much to be thankful for. As sad and shocked as I felt I was so proud to be an American and see my fellow Americans pull together and help each other.

My mother in-law (my sweet dear best buddy) passed away months before 9/11 and I remember thinking how glad I was that if she had to go it was before she ever knew about this day. She had the worlds biggest heart and I know it would have struck her very inner core. I am thankful she was spared this pain. Carolyn I still miss you daily!!

I have never scrapbooked my feelings on this day. Maybe this is the year for me to finally get to it. This is something our children's children need to also remember. Have you scrapped this for the many futures to come to be able to understand what happened and how you as a family member felt about it?

In all, 2,974 victims were killed by the Sept. 11 attacks: 2,750 at the World Trade Center, 40 in Pennsylvania and 184 at the Pentagon. Those numbers do not include the 19 hijackers. My heart and thoughts go out to all the families that had to suffer from this horrible day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KATE said...

Stacey- Thanks for your sweet thoughts! It was such a horrible day & it made me more proud than ever to be an American. We live in such a great Country! God Bless America!
- Kate

Unknown said...

9/11? - Well, I like many, would like to forget it, but won't, or as so many of you - can't.

As you know, Stacey, I've been married to the love of my life, my best friend and the most wonderful person I've known, for 27 years.

He has been a firefighter, and/or chief officer, for part of those 27 years and many years before.

Watching that single event,(9/11) take place, only brought us closer together.

Our connection to those who have been part of our firefighter family still remains.

Hearing of those who have passed as a result of 9/11 or just from being part of that profession, still tugs at our hearts. These men and woman have been here and willing to risk their lives for us.

We, being a part of that family, have been blessed with that "special connection" and know others have been, as well.

We can't always predict what will happen in our lives, but we can respond in an appropriate manner. We can send love and compassion to those that experienc the grief that we might not begin to understand.

Next year, we'll have to remember this event again. Perhaps by then, the pain will be less, perhaps not - but we all know we will never forget... Love and peace to all of you.

All moments remembered said...

M.Rose very well said!! Give your hubby an extra hug for me as I so appreciate all he has done in his career!!

Nicole said...

Stopping by to say Hi. Nice post. I did something on 9/11 yesterday as well.
crop-a-holic